Thursday, February 12, 2009

Heavy Liquid # 4

Writer/Artist: Paul Pope
Publisher: Vertigo
Published: January 2000

I'm a big Paul Pope fan, and I love his artwork. Heavy Liquid follows this guy who is being chased 'cause he's got the Heavy Liquid, which is some form of metallic explosive/hallucinogenic drug. Heavy Liquid has recently been re-collected and recolored. I'm not sure of the differences between the original series and collected version, but based on the cover I saw, and Pope's recent works, I can only imagine it looks great.

One thing I liked about Popes artwork is his scenes of buildings and moody landscapes. Check some from issue # 4:


and because I used the word 'love' in this blog entry, I am counting this as meeting my self made commitment to blog about valentineish comics during the season of love.

No comments: