Monday, March 30, 2009

Heavy Metal September 2008

Writers/Artists: Felix Vega, Matt Wilson, Nathan Fox, Various
Publisher: Heavy Metal
Published: September 2008

Heavy Metal. Did you know Heavy Metal is owned and edited by Kevin Eastman? If you're wondering who Kevin Eastman is, think walking talking ninja turtles. Anyhoo, Heavy Metal is a collection of different stories aimed at a mature audience, ie. the stories often have graphic violence and nudity.

2008 September's issue has an artist I have been keeping my eye on: Nathan Fox. His run on Pigeons from Hell was pretty cool, so I picked up this issue. His tale is called Fluorescent Black and is written by Matt Wilson. The story is a bio-sci-fi-punk story where genetics rule the day. Check the vid as Fox explains it better than me.


Another story inside the issue involves Vincent. The Vincent. Van Gogh. It's bit of bizarre tale that explores an alternate view of why he lost his ear. Written and drawn by Felix Vega, it's a pretty cool ride.


If your not sure what he is holding, head to your local library (or Wikipedia) and read up on this remarkable artist!


Ok, that's it, I'm done with tentacles in comics (for now). I had planned to integrate some pics of tentacles in film, but I can't be bothered now, so I'll just post 'em.

Futurama: The Beast with a Billion Backs
Oldboy

No comments: