Monday, August 2, 2010

Wolverine: Switchback

Writers: Joseph Clark, Gregg Hurwitz
Artist: Das Pastoras, Juan Doe
Publisher: Marvel
Published: March 2009

Wolverine is one of my favorite Marvel characters, but it can be tough to follow all his comics. As a compromise, I try and pick up a few one shots. Luckily, a buddy of mine turned me onto this issue. Switchback has 2 tales. The first one involves Wolverine taking a side trip on his journey to solve a mystery. The second has Wolverine getting beat up. It's called Punching Bag.

The first tale makes this comic worth picking up. The art reminds me a of a warped Norman Rockwell. I'm probably way off with that remark, but it's the first thing that comes to mind. As for the story, it's short, straightforward, sans super villains, and has a satisfying conclusion involving Wolvie getting beat up real bad, and then killing the bad guy. Which is exactly what I want in a Wolvie story.


No comments: